Snowplow Sam is designed for beginners, 3 to 5 years old. Upon completion of Snowplow Sam 3, skaters usually advance to the Basic 2 class.
Download the Basic Skills Snowplow Sam Curriculum.
Snowplow Sam 1
- Sit and stand up with skates on – off Ice
- Sit and stand up – on Ice
- March in place
- March forward – 8–10 steps
- March, then glide on two feet
- Dip in place
Snowplow Sam 2
- March followed by a long glide
- Dip while moving
- Backward wiggles – six in a row
- Forward two-foot swizzles – 2-3 in a row
- Rocking horse – one forward, one backward swizzle action
- Two-foot hop in place
Snowplow Sam 3
- Forward skating – 8–10 steps
- Forward one-foot glide – R and L
- Forward swizzles – 4–6 in a row
- Backward swizzles – 4–6 in a row
- Forward snowplow stop with skid
To register for learn to skate classes, call 314-963-8684 or stop by the Brentwood Ice Arena front desk.